Monday, February 9, 2009

Pinch Me!




I still can't believe I'm here and now it's almost time to go home. This has been the most surreal experience of my life. I keep thinking I'm dreaming and I know when I'm back home it will definitely feel like it couldn't be true. Sunday we were the special visitors at the Chiassa compound church pastored by Mark. This man has pastored this church in the middle of extreme poverty for 22 years. He has 8 chilren, 4 still at home plus 2 of his 6 grandchildren and 7 orphans live in his little house. We were so humbled to be invited into his home and given "softies" (glass bottled soft drinks) which was a huge sacrifice for him but he insisted we drink them. I will never forget that service as long as I live!!! We will put a bit of the service on video for you to catch a glimpse. The energy was amazing as well as the warmth from Pastor Mark. He made Jason promise to preach next time we're in Zambia.

No comments: