Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Blessed Beyond Measure


I just returned from my third Above Rubies Retreat. Here I am pictured with old friends and new around Nancy Campbell. The weekend was so invigorating and refreshing to my soul! Not only did I get my own room to rest in, but I got to hear Nancy speak for over 7 hours plus eat 2 meals with her! She is one powerhouse of a woman! I typed up 2 pages of my notes to share with anyone who would like them. Just email me or comment to this post and give me your email address and I'll send it to you. Here is just a taste of what she talked about...


THE HOME IS THE WOMAN’S SPHERE
“Eden” meaning delight, was the first prototype of home. God created Adam and then he created the garden home and then he created the woman. The home was necessary for the woman. Our homes also should be a place of delight. Most women try to find somewhere else to spend their time. This was not God’s best intention for women. God created women to be managers (1 Timothy 5:14). Lots of women work outside the home because they don’t have enough to manage inside their homes. With a small family and the children off at school they find themselves staring at the walls and that’s not much to manage! God’s plan is for us to be fruitful vines (Psalm 128:3) where we are busy raising warriors (arrows) for God. Home is the place where you will impact the world! You will accomplish much more from within your home than from without. Don’t listen to the world’s lies, you can change the world right where you are!
Also, God instituted the home before the church. Church activities should not take us away from our families and homes. Yes, we need to be with the fellowship of believers but don’t let the church take over your family life!

2 comments:

Dyana said...

Oh, I am so glad you had a wonderful and encouraging time...

I just finished watching a delightful video put out by Franklin Springs. Nancy spoke about the "Family Table". It sure was inspiring!

I would love to read your notes :)

Please make sure to send them my way!

Melanie said...

I would also love to read your notes. Thank you for sharing them!

Blessings,
Melanie

mdr_515@yahoo.com