Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Reflections of Elizabeth Elliot

I ran across some notes I'd taken from Elizabeth Elliot. Her life was full of suffering and heartache, but she remaines strong and steadfast and a beacon of light to multitudes. I greatly respect her life and wisdom. This is Elizabeth's favorite quote taken from missionary to India, Amy Carmichael.
(I quote this quote of a quote often.)
"In acceptance, lies peace."

"It is not my business to understand why God does anything. It is only my duty to respond."

1. Don't allow yourself to complain about ANYTHING - not even the weather!
(this is a hard one to live by lately!!)

2. Never let your imagination run away with you...wishing you were somewhere else.

3. Make no odious comparisons.

4. Never dwell on what might have been, thank God for what is.

5. Remember that tomorrow doesn't belong to you- it belongs to God.

"The best place to be is in the center of God's will."

No comments: