Monday, November 12, 2007

Last Day in Africa

Well, his adventure ended with a bang! He called after a very full day of travelling to the national park and going on safari. He and some friends rented a land cruiser and a guide and headed out into the bush. He saw so much wildlife he couldn't name them all. They drove up within 30 feet of a lion, 2 lioness and 5 cubs! He saw giraffes running on the horizon with the sun setting!! What a time!! Tomorrow morning they will take a boat tour on the Nile to see crocodiles and hippos before driving to the airport. Ya gotta squeeze it all in while you're there! For the first time he said he's ready to come home. He's tired and hot and misses his wife (what a relief)!
I know I haven't been blogging about the rest of the family during these past two weeks. My life is a teensy bit boring compared to saving the world. We have all done great and the time truly has flown by. Family and friends have filled our schedule to bursting! We have felt very cared for and prayed for and I want to thank all of you who have checked in on me. Now that Jason's coming home I will start blogging about the things I've been doing and thinking about. Coming soon..meaningful Christmas tradition ideas I'm putting into practice this year.

No comments: